Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: John Kraus <johnkraus@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 08:54:54 -0800

Hey Eric:

Congrats on having fun with your scans. Here's some input:

- - The SCSI card was essential for me, having a firewire set-up Powerbook. So
I had to get a fast SCSI card, ended up being an extra $130, but well worth
it in my case.
- - You'll love SilverFast whenever you get to it, if you choose to. Upgraded
to Version 5.5 that has excellent profiles of most color neg films, which is
a lot of my work.
- - Any thoughts about getting an Epson 2000 instead of 3000? I'm trying to
figure this one out. 2000 is micro piezo and archival prints. 3000 prints on
larger stock but does not use archival inks? Do I have this right, or is the
3000 w/ Piezo archival as well? Any input would be most welcome.
cheers-
John