Subject: Re: [Leica] would it worth for an M3
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 07:53:15 EST

In a message dated 12/1/01 12:24:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@markrabiner.com writes:

> I read in a Playboy in the early 60's that Paul Newman put some high tech
> Porche
>  or Maserati engine in his VW Bug.
>  Then he'd surpise people at intersections!

In 1959 I was a young Navy Ltjg at NAS Alameda California. With a few spare
nickels in my pocket, I was racing my little Triumph TR-3 at tracks in
northern California. Early one Saturday morning driving east on Route 40 with
several friends in a variety of sports cars to the Vacaville road-racing
circuit, doing above 80 mph, we were passed by a VW Microbus TOWING A PORSCHE
SPEEDSTER ON A TRAILER!!!!!
We caught up with this lunatic at the track; he had stuffed a Porsche 4-cam
Carrera engine and transmission into the back of the Microbus!

Happy Saturday!

Seth          LaK 9