Subject: [Leica] flash recommendation
From: Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:04:07 -0500

George Kase asked:

"Can someone recommend a simple and lightweight flash for
my M6 classic...I want to shoot some interior figure stuff.
Thanks for any experience and suggestions in advance..."

George, I resisted getting an SF20 flash for my M6s for a long time.  I
thought it looked too much like a toy. Finally, I relented and got one.
I love it!  While the M6 still have the 1/50 sec limitation, the TTL
works great and I can balance room light with flask to avoid the "Shot
in a cave" look of many flash pictures.  I have never had red eye --
even with a 90mm -- with the SF20.

Using the 28mm diffuser makes the photos softer so when i photograph my
grandson, I leave it on.

It is light and easy to carry in a pocket or case.  I just got my R8 and
I know I will like using it there.

I still use my Vivitar when I am photographing a large group or where I
need more power.  But the SF20 is the one I carry with me most of the
time.

Try it!

...Ken Lassiter