Subject: Re: [Leica] CL or Bessa T?
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:00:43 -0600

OK, Jay, I'm gonna speak my piece about this.  I am not sure which 21 you have, but
I'm using the 35 Summicron on my CL, and loving it.  I sometimes put my 28 elmarit on
the little pip-squeak, and have violated the rules with my tele-elmarit on there too,
shooting at f2.8, which is not supposed to be done.  (sigh)  It works.

The CL gets lots of flak from people who think it not a true Leica, but when the
truth comes out, it seems to play nicely with my Leica Lenses.   It is smaller,
lighter and  people who know nothing about Leicas have no idea that it was made in
Japan, nor do they care.

I carry mine all the time, forsaking my dear M6 unless I need two bodies.  Thus, I
always have a camera available.   I cannot use the excuse, "Oh, I do not have a
camera with me, therefore I cannot take a picture of this wonderful decisive moment."

I like the looks of the Bessa.  I would have possibly bought the Bessa, if this CL
and sent a transponder signal to my radar, and said "Buy me, I promise you won't
regret it."  But the CL has a cool working spotmeter.  People have parts for it, and
have the skills to fix it.  It is pretty in an industrial kind of way.

Even the M6 marks you as a guy who is a "photographer," and people get wary of you,
because you might be carrying all kinds of accessories in your bag.  This CL is so
great, because I can put the 35mm on it, and the 90 in my pocket, or the other way
around, and off I go.

The other day a woman said, "I've never seen a camera like that; my husband has a
camera that's ten years old, and it still takes good pictures. "  I told her, "This
one is 30 years old and still takes good pictures too."  I think it does.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com