Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:20:18 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Dan,
All of these responses are of course POSSIBLE, and I can't dispute any of them,
but there is a MUCH more likely story.

The aperture ring (the one you turn) couples to another ring.  This
ring couples to the inner aperture ring by two screws.  The lens
was disassembled (intentionally or accidently) and re-assembled by
someone who didn't know they had the inner coupling ring upside
down.  Also, if the diaphragm blades are not assembled properly,
the lens MAY not go from wide open to f16...I assume it does,
however.

ANY decent camera repairman (i.e., not a Leica shop) should be able to
handle this problem, especially on that particular lens.
If this is NOT the problem, then please investigate the rest of the
suggestions.
Walt