Subject: Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:29:16 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> Heck when I was stupid enough to shoot weddings many years ago I hated every
> minute of it. And finally dropped them all together.  However, I had so many
> recommendations from previous couples I figured "well OK if they want me
> that bad I'll scare them off simply by charging $1000. cash plus cost of
> film. They give me my money at the end of the wedding day, I give them the
> film, also the name of a lab to get it developed and printed.... they were
> out of my face.
> I still believe the "cash in hand give them the film" is the easiest
> economical  and non nerve racking way to do weddings.
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ted, I thouroughly enjoyed your story!!!...I do EXACTLY the same thing (though
NOT for $4K!!)...since I have become a "non" photographer, and don't WANT any
business, I tell folks (if they insist) $100/hour, plus ALL expenses DOUBLED,
including travel if any...IN ADVANCE...
I hand them the film, and NO WARRANTY--I don't want to hear, good OR bad...
AND I STILL HAVE CUSTOMERS!!!--I'm rude to them, I have a bad attitude, and
THEY LIKE ME!!!--what a business...I guess it's my Italian charm...

(obviously I'd refund their money if there were no images, thank God that's
never happened--hey, I use Leica, Mamiya, Nikon, and check shutter/sync before
EVERY job...)

CU later, Walt

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help)