Subject: Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:07:11 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

> photographers whose fee was around $4000 - she said -<<<<
>
> So she charged $4000. That's not too bad considering there are photographers
> in New York who wont talk to you for less than a $20,000 fee!
>
> Heck when I was stupid enough to shoot weddings many years ago I hated every
> minute of it. And finally dropped them all together.  However, I had so many
> recommendations from previous couples I figured "well OK if they want me
> that bad I'll scare them off simply by charging $1000. cash plus cost of
> film. They give me my money at the end of the wedding day, I give them the
> film, also the name of a lab to get it developed and printed.... they were
> out of my face.
>
> Hell I couldn't scare off enough of them, so I upped the price to $2000 for
> the same conditions. Slowed them down a bit, but it didn't end. Upped it to
> $4000, almost shut them off, however there were still takers.
>
><Snip>

Same with me Ted, every year doubling my rates, heck when i started out they
were paying more for the plate of SHRIMP than they were for me!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help)