Subject: [Leica] RE: OT Ebony
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:07:38 -0800

At 10:14 AM 11/28/2001 -0700, Tim Atherton wrote:

>All those choices to make... The still great metal Linhof (Luggish and
>German of course), Nice lightweight modern looking Canhams or Phillips -
>Aircraft aluminium etc, the beautiful and swooned over, incredibly rigid,
>pass it down to your kids Japanese Ebony cameras... Marvellous shiny
>Gandolfis made in the English countryside (just had fun visiting them)...
>the list goes on!
>
>Tim

My metal Linhof Technikardan 45S folds smaller than any of the wood or
metal field cameras, is the same weight as many, has a standard bellows
that accommodates from 45mm to 720mm lenses, has degree markings on all
swings, tilts, and shifts (and they are as smooth as butter), bubble levels
on everything, Graflok back, etc... Each swing, tilt, and shift is separate
so when moving one, you do not effect the others, which is not true on a
great majority of field and basic view cameras.

http://www.butzi.net/reviews/linhoftk45s.htm

Jim

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@charter.net> ([Leica] RE: OT Ebony)