Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS:noctilux halloween now flash on sidelines
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:37:30 -0600

Bill sez:

> Another pet peave I have when I shoot football games, besides the
guys who only stand, is when did it become OK to use flash.
> I cover high school and the 'pros' from the local AP and papers all
use flash with their D-1's. Don't they concern themselves with the
athletes?
> Bill
> ASMP

Bill

I dunno when it became "Not Ok" to use flash on the sidelines.  When I
first started covering football in 1962, we used a bigole honeywell
flash pack capable of knocking a football player down with the blast.
Ditto boxing and basketball.

The only response I recall to using flash on the field is that
occasionally, a player would come up to me and ask for prints, if he
noticed a flash when he had made a particularly good play.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com