Subject: [Leica] in praise of leica? in praise of kodak!
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:43:49 -0500

Don Dory sed:

>The real point is that many of us are using camera's and lenses 40 to 60
>years old as if they were fresh out the box, no worries.  The images are
>competitive, if we want to spend more money we can get state of the art
>lenses and use them on cameras 47 years old, or vice versa if we want an
old
>look with new hardware.  I don't think any system out there can take the
>pounding that these Leica's take and keep ticking.  This includes the N****
F.

bah! i have a kodak #2 folding hawkeye from 1914 that's still working as
well as the day it came out of the box, never CLA'd once! i never even wiped
the lens off. actually, some years ago, through terrible misfortune, it
became my only camera for about eight months and i was able to keep
shooting, exhibiting and even publishing. albeit, my work changed a little,
but i figured i was the only magazine photographer in the country shooting
with a kodak folding 6x9.... it was actually a lot of fun.

i'm not sure if it loads faster or slower than a iiic, maybe a contest is in
order....

http://elvis.rowan.edu/~cassidy/images/iris.jpg

kc