Subject: [Leica] Piezo update
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:17:13 -0800

Somehow I sent this to a scan list where I lurk but haven't posted before.
Wanted to give the LUG an update on my Piezo experience thus far.

Having spent a couple of weeks now making Peizo prints, I'm more impressed
than ever. I've made some very large (13x20 approx) prints from Leica negs.

I was a little apprehensive at first. Never know until you try something.
Some on the Epson list (where I lurk) complain about the price. But the
Peizo stuff seems like a good value to me. The actual software is a couple
of hundred $, but it comes with profiles for most popular papers. And from
what I've seen so far, they're right on.

Having struggled endlessly profiling papers with archival inks in a 12XX
series Epson it's nice to be able to choose a paper and go with Piezo.
Profiling greyscale is surely less complicated that profiling color, but
some of the papers in the Peizo profiles are pretty exotic....and
expensive.  So far results have been excellent. All-in-all it works as
promised.

I'm not in the dark any longer when making b/w images with my Leicas.
Except for loading exposed film on reels. That I can  live with.

Dave