Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: minimize the expense
From: "W Larsen" <wlarsen@almondmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:48:33 -0800

Sonny Carter writes:

> I know you are joking, about that,  and Leica stuff is
pricey, but the point can be
> made that this gear, if used for the lifetime designed
into it will be far less
> expensive to use than most of the competition.

In September 1967, I stumbled into a local camera store and
bought a new M3 and 50mm rigid Summicron.  It cost the
shocking amount of $221.75.  By the time I bought a Leica
strap, lens hood, and yellow filter, the total was US$240.
(Probably could have saved a few bucks not buying the
accessories).

After using the camera for 34 years (not necessarily
effectively), I could probably get back what I paid for
it!!!

Tho, I admit the camera is a disappointment because about
five years ago, I had to replace the film counter assembly.
(Did you know that if you forget to put batteries in the
camera but can keep mental track of how many frames you have
shot, you can use the camera without the film counter
working)?

Regards, Bill Larsen ;-)
Terra Bella, CA

Message from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> ([Leica] Re: minimize the expense)