Subject: Re: [Leica] Strapless survey?????
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:54:52 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 19/11/01 12:18:08 Paris, Madrid, mlquinn@san.rr.com
a écrit :

> Straps limit how you can hold the camera and are particularly menacing when
>  the camera is NOT around your neck. They get tangled up in the bag, snag
>  other things and flip them out of the bag, get in front of the lens, and
sit
>  on tables waiting for someone to pull the camera and lens onto the floor.
>
>  So...  I vote for strapless whenever possible.
>
>  Mike Quinn

I do agree with you Mike , on all these points .
I use the OEM Leica strap sometimes and
when I use it the strap is around my neck and
over one shoulder , the camera beeing on the side
of my body .
This is how I go even for driving .
But when I don't use it , I use a small piece of black
nylon rope attached to the right side , with a sliding
nut around my wrist .
This is a technique I've learned from working on aircraft
in tight areas . Drop the camera and it will be retained to
your wrist .
My style is more " mobile " and " free " with NO strap .

Jo Goodtimes , France