Subject: Re: [Leica] Image Database SW
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:22:53 EST

The simplist way to do this is probably to scan your images from a single contact sheet in to Photoshop6 and hold as a file. Then you can use Automate>Contact Sheet to make a single imag of that file and save the new single image.

Personally, I use Extensis Portfolio to file all my 'contact sheet' images and then I can give them subject headings and search for them under those subjects. One of your subjects could be the Contact Sheet number with no problem if you so wished, although I feel that information to be superfluous. The way i do it is to give the image a film and neg number when scanning in (eg 1234-28) and then if I want Paris (for instance) Portfolio will find all my Paris images with their neg numbers below them. You can subsearch with no problems (eg Paris/People/Cafes).

Contact me off-list if you want more specifics.

Regards

Gerry
www.gwpics.com