Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB - I know, it is not a Friday..
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:26:05 -0500

At 05:16 PM 11/14/2001, you wrote:
>Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy wrote:
> >..but I won't be connectable Fri till Sat ;-)
> >

> >This is somewhat a hopeless question. But let's begin:
> >I am looking for M-abled body. As I have a mere 250$
> >or about it, I am looking for _really_ ugly one. With no covering,
> >hand painted in multityde of colours, wrapped in gazettes,
> >full of dings, dents, even made in Canada ;-)
> >but working. Is here anyone with such a thing?
>
>I have not seen one like you have described. If there was one, my repairman
>would probably use it for parts to repair better looking cameras. Maybe you
>could try contacting a few leica repairpersons listed in the shutterbug or
>search out the Net for these guys.

I recently bought a 'semi beater' M3 - missing vulcanite spots, dented top
from a meter whack, scratches and bright spots...$550.  I fear the days of
$250 ugly but working M beaters have passed...or such cameras have gotten
darn thin on the ground.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian
because I hate plants.  - A. Whitney Brown

Message from "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com> (RE: [Leica] New leica calendar....)