Subject: [Leica] Re: High altitude question
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:00:47 -0800

Use a B+W KR3 filter. The higher you go, when there is clear blue sky, the
higher the color temp as there is less atmosphere (moisture & stuff that is
packed down at lower elevations). I've taken ton's of Leica photographs in
the Colorado Rockys and after the first roll, started using a KR3, and all
was well after that.

Please note, it is NOT UV that is causing the blue, it is simply a higher
color temp of the light. Your Leica lens has all of the UV filtering
built-in. You need to warm up the light, convert it back down to 5000-8000
Kelvin (from roughly 12,000 Kelvin) color temp. Use a KR3.

Jim