Subject: Re: [Leica] M 4 - 2 winder
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:39:44 -0600

There is a later numbered M4-2 winder that fits and works on M6.  I
owned one.  It has no tripod socket on the battery pack portion, but
does on the bottom of the winder.  If you need to use it on tripod,
you'd have to use an adapter cable.

The one I had made a thunking noise, and so I sold it, I since have
seen a fix for that noise.

The winder makes for a bulky package, as it nearly doubles the height
of the camera. Also, it replaces the baseplate, so you can't remove it
in mid-roll, unless you go to the dark, and then it resets your
counter, of course.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc,com