Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon EOS for Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:13:00 -0800

><Snip>
>
> I concur, except I feel the same way WITH or WITHOUT the M camera....I
> gag everytime I see any 'modern' gear. (or "R" gear, but that's another thread)
>
> Only Nikon and (recently) Canon 35mm gear have gained the approval of the
> pros...I'm sorry, the Leicaflex nor the "R" gear ever gained a place, tho
> the quality is SUPERB...the M gear, however, has a 'niche' place with pro PJs,
> as a (very) secondary system...at least here in the US....
>
> Walt

The first job i got in Portland when i came here from college in 1975 was for a
guy - a master photographer Sjef Wildshut who was shooting all the Jantzen
Catalogs http://www.jantzen.com/jznecom/ with a Leicaflex when he wasn't using
the Hasselblad. This was the first time i ever saw a fashion photographer work.
This account kept him pretty busy year round.
Later on when i saw other fashion photographers using Nikons it felt to me like
THEY were the ones using the weird stuff.

Next year the LHSA meeting will be here, Walt, in Portland Oregon.
Needless to say you are personally invited as is this whole list.
	(Its worth joining just to get the VF.)
Some perhaps kinder gentler folks running the show now. Younger I guess.
People you've not had the time to offend yet! Fresh blood!!!

Check the masthead in the front of the VF (Viewfinder) and you'll see lots of
new names.
I am the new Program Director!

Eric Bohman has taken ill.
Rolf Fricke had the position for a couple of decades.
I am humbled and i am totally keyed into making a terrific friendly Saturday
program in Portland and then my college town the following year: the stupendous
St. Louis.

COME ON DOWN and make some new enemies!

Walt i think you'd LOVE to hang out with us and i KNOW we'd love to have you.
Bring your Pentax.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA