Subject: Re: [Leica] Silverfast vs Nikon scan 3.1
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:39:27 -0800

My experience with both Nikon scan and Vuescan is that Nikon scan 3.1 is
better for (color) negs, and Vuescan is (slightly) better for slides...

Both have idiosyncracies. Vuescan is counterintuitive and  degrades with
time, but is restored again with each (frequent) update. Nikon scan tends to
forget the folder you told it to store into, and forgets to update the frame
number on batch scans after the second strip is inserted. (It updates the
frame numbers for the second strip properly to fool you into trusting it).

Mike Quinn