Subject: Re: [Leica] summarit 50/1.5
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:03:28 -0500

Feliciano!
Tutto bene!!
Actually, you are leaving yourself open to an invitation to buy Marc's book
on the non-Leica SM lenses!! :o)
In view of the Summarit discussions going on, I think he might indicate that
the design was opted by Leitz, and that it has been around for a respectable
length of time- not a bad optic in any guise, though if you want maximum
shapness, and contrast, the newer lenses win out.
If it has any of the Summarits characteristics, you might find it a pleasing
departure from the ordinary. I had a Russian copy, albeit a rather poor one
as far as 'sharpness' was concerned, but it was relatively contrasty, and
only came up short when compared to the Leitz copy!!
Dan ( Too cheap, and too broke to buy ASPHERIC!) Post