Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Cleaning the LS-2000 (was: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween)
From: Tom Christiansen <tomchr@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:19:52 -0800

Mark,

> > BTW - In the U.S. Q-Tips are a brand of what are otherwise called
> > "cotton swabs." But Q-Tip has entered the vernacular just as Xerox
> > has....You clean out your whatever with a Q-Tip, and you Xerox a
> > document, even if you have shoved a K-Mart house-brand swab into your
> > ear, and the document is being copied on a Mita copier....
>
>         "Quick!! hand me a Kleenex!!!!"
>         "Will Scotties be OK?"
>
>and don't forgot Magic Markers!
>         the generic name for felt tips.

That's the hard part of the (American) English language. All those stupid
brand names. Gunk, Comet, Windex, and what have you. There is absolutely no
correlation between the word and what it means. You just have to have been
alive in a certain part of time and have watched certain commercials.

Like, how exactly do you define a Kodak moment? (to keep msg sorta on-topic)

Tom

Message from "Michael Abbott" <lists@mabot.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Cleaning the LS-2000 (was: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween))
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Cleaning the LS-2000 (was: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween))