Subject: [Leica] OT - Mozart's Requiem KV 626
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@home.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:32:09 -0800

I'm fascinated by the variety of preferences expressed by our correspondents
for recordings of this complex work. I grew up in Vienna and heard the
Requiem performed live on several occasions and in different churches or
chapels, including St. Stephan's Cathedral (where the Solti recording was
made much later). I am, of course, partial to the sound of the Vienna
Philharmonic, and the soloists on the Solti recording include Cecilia
Bartoli - what more can I say? The quality of the recording permits a
clarity of reproduction that is reminiscent of my Summicron-M...(admittedly
a stretch but back on topic?)
Oliver Bryk

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Mozart's Requiem KV 626)