Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 operating temps
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:50:47 -0700

> Don't worry Michael , you'll get in the warm well before the M6 starts
> to show signs of freezing . On the other way , I've spent years in the
> hottest Africa and never had a problem , even in the hell of an
> air base asphalt tarmac .
>
> Jo Goodtimes , France

Hmmm - not quite true Jo - my M6 has frozen solid several times before i
have - i.e. you need a pipe wrench to focus the lens and an exposure at
1/125 sec takes around 2 seconds!

I note he brochure says tested to -20c. The above is from around -35c
to -40c/f

BTW my N***n F4 has carried on as long as I can last in those conditions
(last year, shooting some of the breeding stock of  Eskimo Dogs out for a
run....

tim

Replies: Reply from David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 operating temps)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 operating temps)