Subject: Re: [Leica] Hello. Sorry long.
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:58:17 +0200

Dear Sam,

I, too, prefer Fuji for my colour work! As I don't own a scanner, I've not
been able to post my work <for all to see> yet. But then in time I might
post some images just to prove how important it is to find a lab that does
credit to your stuff. (The most obvious example I got personally was a film
I don't like too much - Kodak Gold - but nevertheless the prints I got from
2 different labs are SO different in colour - - ) My point was: if you use
Leica and are a _quality bluff_ a weeny little bit at least, you can't but
notice the difference between this make - and the others. So yours is the
usual way for people to get addicted with Leicas - one just can't escape
noticing the quality leap.

Yours

Martin

Martin,

The mini lab I use is Ritz. Their Fuji equipment is newer and my choice
of film is usually Fuji. So that helps a little. There is one technician
that does outstanding work (takes the time). I always request that my
film be done by her. I've done my fair share of trail and error with
labs. Nothing worse than bringing in 35 rolls of European vacation and
getting back garbage. The question is, what to get her for Christmas
this year. :-)

Sam