Subject: Re: [Leica] Coffee
From: "Michael Abbott" <lists@mabot.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:22:17 +0200

> My favorite blends are Ethiopioan, Colombian, Mexican, either in French or
> espresso roast.

Ah yes, Ethiopian coffee.

So you'd get onto the bus at about 6, having waited since 5, eventually set
off at 7 or so. Sooner or later the school teacher or busniness-man (there
was always one) on the bus would be discovered, and sent over to talk to the
farangi in English. At 9 or 10 the bus would stop in a little town for
brunch, some really nice spicy scrambled-egg stuff with fresh bread.

And a coffee or two, no need to specify espresso. The tiniest little place,
with no fridge for the pepsi and no cash register, would always have one of
those huge 50s chrome Italian machines, run by a genuine addict. There are
plenty of those - they discovered the stuff after all. I think our words
coffee cafe etc are a corruption of the region there that the bean
originates, they call it Buna instead.

The vibrations on all the bus rides that trip undid all the screws in my
lens, I had to hold the front bit straight to zoom. And my F3's meter and
high speeds died, lots of sunny-16 brackets at 1/80. If only I'd had a
mechanical camera... (on topic!)

Michael

  Michael Abbott  m@mabot.com
       www.mabot.com