Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - PayPal
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 06:46:54 +0100

Dan,

Why is this sensitive info? I will gladly provide my bank details to anyone who
wants them. The only thing they can do with that information is to wire me
money, which is just fine with me ;-)

I think here in Europe it is much more common to exchange such information, as
the vast majority of payments are made electronically. I pay none of my bills
here in Switzerland by mailing a check, and it was the same in Belgium.
Conversely, the only time I ever RECEIVE a check is when I sell some Leica item
to a US buyer. Otherwise, transactions are always electronic.

Incidentally, I tried to sign up with PayPal but it was so much hassle to get
them to accept a non-US VISA card that I just gave up on it.

Nathan

Dan Post wrote:

> I also urged him to sign up- he had sent me hi account number and routing
> number in case I wanted to send him the money via wire transfer- and I
> chided him on sending sensitive information to an otherwise unknon buyer.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch