Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - PayPal
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 17:37:54 -0500

Dan-
I don't where at all you are, but if you are in one of the 26 or so
countries that have Paypal- I found it a definite advantage.
The fee they charge is miniscule conpared to getting a bank check or sending
money with Western Union.
I just bought a Leica IIIb from a chap in Germany, and the easiest way to
get him money, and the cheapest was Western Union; The 411 DEM camera ends
up costing 481 DEM- about $35 to send the money. Had he had Paypal- it would
have cost less than $10- and I would have gladly reimbursed him the fee
(Seller pays the fee)
I also urged him to sign up- he had sent me hi account number and routing
number in case I wanted to send him the money via wire transfer- and I
chided him on sending sensitive information to an otherwise unknon buyer.
Once you have established your Paypal account, you can pay by having them
take the money from your checking account- and buyers can send you money to
your Paypal account where it can be transferred into your checking account
in three to five days- in the US it only takes three at the most, for me!
I have the regular, not the premium- unless you are into internet sales big
time, I would stick with the simplest plan- it is the cheapest and fastest
of all the systems I've tried!! And you can do it all from your keyboard!!!
The OTHER Dan ( I'll let you know how the IIIb turns out....) Post