Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Dreams
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:07:40 -0800

At 09:00 AM 11/5/2001 -0800, Adam Bridge wrote:

>The ideal digital MANUAL camera would be designed with a replaceable sensor
>element which we could update either in the field or by sending back in.
>Keep the camera body and lenses of course, just change the part of the
>camera that is improved. This would save everyone's investment. The body
>might be pricey but that's okay for me. I just want to get images recorded.
>
>Maybe a B&W sensor instead of color?
>
>Adam

You, and most others, obviously do not understand how digital sensors work.
To change a sensor would require a change of all of the electronics in the
camera as well.

But it is available. Buy a Hasselblad and then a digital back. When the
digital back manufacturer upgrades to a better sensor, you can buy a new
back, which contains the new sensor. And of course, all of the associated
and necessary electronics. All for a mere $20,000.

Jim