Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:19:34 -0500

Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com> wrote:

> I agree that labs do sometimes sharpen wihtout being asked. Here
> is a picture I scanned from the neg:
>
> http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/MakroSonnar/lillie.jpg
>
> Here is the eye details:
>
> Unsharpened:
> http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/MakroSonnar/Unsharpened%20Eye.jpg
>
> Sharpened a little:
> http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/MakroSonnar/Sharpened%20Eye.jpg
>
> As someone said, one look at an image and you know you have a
> good lens. Not exactly on topic for Leica, but I am sure the 100mm
> Leica macro is excellent and that it's excellence is immediately
> obvious.

Great photo, Simon. I love the pastel colors and the tack-sharpness of
Lillie's right eye. The tones of her hair and face blend to give a
sepia-like effect. Good stuff!

- -Dave- (who is equally fond of Leica and Zeiss lenses)

Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt)