Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:23:01 -0000

Gerd

I agree that labs do sometimes sharpen wihtout being asked.  Here is a
picture I scanned fro the neg:

http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/MakroSonnar/lillie.jpg

Here is the eye details:

Unsharpened:
http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/MakroSonnar/Unsharpened%20Eye.jpg

Sharpened a little:
http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/MakroSonnar/Sharpened%20Eye.jpg

As someone said, one look at an image and you know you have a good lens.
Not exactly on topic for Leica, but I am sure the 100mm Leica macro is
excellent and that it's excellence is immediately obvious.

Simon