Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:47:19 -0800

> Ted wrote
>
> > I wondered if you meant >>> " crisper, sharper, contrasty etc etc" as
> all being positive adjectives in complimenting the image, as opposed to:
the
> "better photos"<<< which implies a better photo as in content.
    Am I correct in this assumption?<<<<<<<

George responded:
> Yes you are Ted, although I did not use any of those positive
> adjectives.
> The photos were equally strong and of very similar characters. See link
> http://www.georgeweir.com/pages/George-Weir-Personal_285.html
> n.b. these scans are from a fotovix so images are not as neat looking as
> prints.<<<<<

It's a tough call and I rarely do this on a computer monitor, however here
goes and heaven help me if I'm wrong, as I'll never hear the end of this
one! ;-)

Here goes... Leica?  the second one ... kid in dark shirt and baseball cap?
the other is the Nikon?  Why? There appears to be a sharper look to the
shirt and overall contrast effect compared to the first on with boy in white
shirt.

Oh Lordy lordy let me be right! :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited