Subject: RE: [Leica] ]Truckstops now Least Heat Moon wk44/sl/
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:47:58 -0800

Oh yes, I'm a big fan of William Least Heat-Moon. Blue Highways is the best,
but I also like PrairyErth.
The 622-page story of a single Kansas county.
I have an on-again, off-again photo project that is similar in it's intent.
One of these days I'll get back to it.

Jay Burleson
"It is now the moment when by common consent we pause to become conscious of
our national life and to rejoice in it, to recall what our country has done
for each of us, and to ask ourselves what we can do for our country in
return. "
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
UPDATED 5-30-01: http://www.jayburleson.com/

In a message dated 11/1/01 8:06:37 PM, jayburleson@earthlink.net writes:

>As a firm believer in the "calendar rule" for
>eating establishments, I try to go to these kinds of places often while
>out
>photographing.

Jay,
William Least Heat Moon!-Blue Highways, right?  Have you read River Horse?
He takes a boat east to west across the US.  I highly recommend it.
Richard Wasserman