Subject: [Leica] wk44/sl/Truckstops
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:19:46 -0500

SonC's Diner pictures prompted me use this Truck Stop photo. Diners have
been a great American institution (particularly in the North East) but truck
stops are all over the entire continent and are almost like small villages
in some cases. If you live in a desolate rural area and need interesting
photos, guaranteed you will find them at the truck stop on the Interstate.
Some of the most interesting characters you will ever meet are truck
drivers, over the years I have met several PHD's who gave up all those years
of education for the romance of the open road, including my own father who
gave up a successful career as a CPA because he heard the call of the road.

I took this main PAW picture last week at a Pennsylvania truck stop while
driving to Ted's workshop in Maine. On the alternate, yes I know the people
are out of focus, instead my camera was focused on the ketchup bottle which
you will find on every diner and truck stop counter in the world:

http://www.streetphoto.net/paw44.html

To see the complete PAW: http://www.streetphoto.net/

All comments are welcome.

sl