Subject: RE: [Leica] Southwest Road Trip photo op advice?
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:46:18 -0500

Tristan...

Go and explore.  We just came back from a 3 week road trip out there,
went wherever we had the notion to go [without an itinerary of any
sort], and had a blast doing it.  There was little traffic and low
occupancy rates in the motels, big skies and long twilights.  Our MO was
to avoid big cities as much as possible and go out of our way to follow
some routes simply because they were new to us.

The northwestern portion of the Texas panhandle going into New Mexico is
The Big Empty, while western New Mexico has the Monument Valley area.
We didn't make it to Arizona, so I can't comment on that.

/Mitch Zeissler