Subject: Re: [Leica] Another R question
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:17:13 -0800

Tom Henson wrote:
>>> Now Ted, you had to go and spoil it for me.
>
> Now I'm going to have to send my lens off to Leica land and hope (dare
say)
> they can fix the problem without creating more.
>
> Last time they opened up a lens of mine I regretted it.<<<<

Now now Tom, be kind! ;-)  Maybe best you rotate that lens back and forth a
few hundred times end to end and it'll smooth right out! :-) Besides if you
send the lens in maybe they'll be kind enough to send you a new one! ;-)
However, I'd not hold my breath! ;-)

Sorry to have spoiled your day, but this new one is just as smooth as
anything to where I can almost focus by placing one finger pressure against
the lens barrel and rolls easily from end to end, much along the lines of
the 70 -180 2.8 And that doesn't mean sloppy or anything like that, it's
just as smooth as silk.

The zooming ring is firmer, but it needs to be that way anyway.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant