Subject: Re: [Leica] Is it worth to switch from Nikon to R System?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:47:39 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 29/10/01 21:58:48 Paris, Madrid,
maildenizsaylan.com@heimdall.x-dot.de a écrit :

> Hi Luggers,
>
>  I´m using the M-System since years as a professional photographer and for
> SLR I
>  have Nikon F5 and F100.
>
>  Since I bought my Nikon equipment I´m always fighting with myself weather
> taking
>  the M System with the better image quality or the Nikon System with the
>  advantages of a modern SLR System with longer lenses, macro lenses and
fill-
> in-
>  flash options, but I´m not really happy with the Nikon gear. Especially
> because
>  the zoom lenses are enormous big, heavy and frightening the people I take
>  pictures of and the fix lenses are hard to focus exactly in manual mode.
>
>  Now I´m thinking if it would help me to switch to Leica R6.2 or R8. What
are
> your
>  experiences with the R System and did someone of you switched from Nikon
>  System. What are your experiences after changing the systems?
>
>  Best regards,
>
>  Deniz Saylan

In the past I used to carry an M6 with 35 'cron + an F4S with a sac of heavy
lenses . 105 / 2.8 Micro , 50 / 1.8 , 180 / 2.8 , 35 / 2 and 24 / 2.8 .

The F4S is a fantastic tool , but , for as amateur photographer , I was always
concerned about that heavy equipment .
Finally I decided to sell the Nikon gear and buy a few Leica lenses for the
money .
Sometimes a regret my F4 . I've tried an F80 six months ago , but nothing to
compare with .
I think that I haven't even taken a tenth of the possibilities of the M6 , so
I'll stay
with that light stuff that I can carry around everywhere .

Jo Goodtimes , France