Subject: Re: [Leica] Is it worth to switch from Nikon to R System?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 29 Oct 2001 14:09:41 -0800

On Mon, 29 October 2001, maildenizsaylan.com@heimdall.x-dot.de wrote:

> What are your
> experiences with the R System and did someone of you switched from Nikon to R
> System. What are your experiences after changing the systems?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Deniz Saylan

Deniz,

The optics convinced me to switch.  I didn't need the extra features the Nikon camera bodies had, and since I use slower, fine-grained color films the difference in color richness and gradation was very obvious to me.

The SL cameras I now use are much easier to focus than any otehr SLR I've used (the R8 is nearly as good).  This wasn't important until my eyes started showing the effects of age (I'm 49 now).  The SL is still very easy for me to focus, even on active subjects.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe