Subject: [Leica] 15f.28 Elmarit New R ASPH lens
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 23:22:05 EST

<<

Rich:

Any word on the price or introduction date of the new zoom?

While 3.5-4 may not be fast enough for low light, fast moving situations,

it's fine for outdoor and nature photography, anything on a tripod, and a

lot of other things too.  3.5 is not that slow for 21mm.  For years, the

Leica R wide angle was the 21/4, a very respectable lens.  And the famous 15

is only 3.5 as was the old 35-70 zoom.  Anyway, I, too, would have liked to

see a fixed 2.8 aperture, but I'll take what I can get.

Jay Coleman

I think we'll hear soon about this and perhaps some other R products, but for
the time being it is all still in "rumor" mode. No offical notice yet...

bests,
Rich