Subject: Re: [Leica]Lens speed complainers...
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:33:19 -0800

Well stated Dan. I thought it was ironic that some people consider a 3.5-4.0 zoom too slow for practical use, since I generally shoot at 5.6 or smaller anyway. Also, millions of users seems pleased as punch with their
4.0-5.6 zooms because it is the focal lenght that they want. In daylight, a summilux is not any better to me than a summicron, and in lowlight, a zoom is generally not the first choice (even if it were a 2.8).

The quality of faster films is getting really good, isn't it? I recently shot some Portra 800 and I was amazed, no, floored, by the results. I was expecting it to be an insult to my Leitz optics, but it turned out to
be extremely pleasing (at 5X7 anyway). And Provia F400 is just stunning, in quality and price!

I cannot wait to see the price they do put on this lense - unfortunately, my guess is it will be $2000 more than I can afford :-)

- - marc