Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica O
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:36:20 +0100

Dan Post wrote:

"Say- do what I did.... Invest in a Rolleikin, and use The Brick for
portraits, or people shots!!! It sort of abates the gnawing feeling of
'gimme, gimme' when you see a 75mm Summilux- not much, but it helps!!"

I'm a big fan of the 75mm Summilux...I can't help it, I've tried therapy, I
can't really justify it rationally, but it makes such lovely snaps.

I've never even *seen* a Rolleikin in the flesh, or a Rollei TLR with one
fitted. I doubt it would work for me, too many fiddly bits to fit and
remove, and I'd be bound to lose some vital part...

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"There are only two services that images can offer the afflicted. One is to
find the story that expresses the truth of their affliction. The second is
to find the words that can give resonance, through the crust of external
circumstances, to the cry that is always inaudible: "Why am I being hurt?"
- -- Simone Weil