Subject: [Leica] Washington DC and Lexington, Virginia
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:29:06 -0400

At 08:55 PM 10/25/01 -0400, Simon Stevens wrote:
>>the longest escalator in the world goes from street
>>level down, down, down to the Metro.
>But anyway, is Dupont's really the longest? I seem to recall riding on
>escalators in London where my ears popped on the way down, down, down,
>down.

For what it may be worth, what is loudly claimed locally to be the 'world's
longest single-span non-suspension concrete footbride' can be found on the
campus of Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.

Not much of a photo opportunity, I fear, though I did take a shot of my
wife grinning there at me with my Werra III six or eight weeks back.
(2.8/50 CZJ Tessar, Ilford 100 Delta, about 1/60" at f/16, later developed
in Ilfosol-S.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!