Subject: [Leica] RE: OT query: Nikon F2
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:30:25 +0200

<Folks,

<One of my long-suffering subjects at the Green Leafe surprised me yesterday
<by producing a gadget bag containing a pretty full Nikon F2 kit--a gift
<from her father.  She wanted me to "check out" the camera and to run over
<the controls with her, which I happily did; but, I'm largely unfamiliar
<with the F2 and have a couple of questions.  What are the proper meter
<batteries?  Are they mercury or standard cells?

Excuse me Chandos I'm a little bit late reading my mail! But you've got an
excellent camera! Along time the F2 started as Photomic with the DP1 prism
needle readout ans cds cell, second one was F2S with DP2 prism, body was
always the same, SPD leds; third was FDSB with DP3 prism, fourth was F2A
with DP 11 prism and the last and the best was F2AS with DP12 prism. Last
one had changed the previous resistor in the meter which fault led the
camera to death,  and so one of the main problems was over.

Not only you habe got a nice and really built as a tank camera but you can
find a lot of astonishing good quality lenses in the second hand market at
a, sometimes, ridiculous price! Just have a look to Ebay! I can recommend
you specially the 20mm f1:2,8, the 24mm f:1:2,8, the 28mm f1:2, best wide I
had before I got my Summicron ASP f1:2, and 35mm f1:1,4. Not to speak
excelent superwides like 13mm and 15mm, really expensive, or fiseheyes. On
the side of the teles 85mm f1:1,4 another very good lens and 180mm f1:2,8.
On the long side you can go up to 1.200 mm. If your meter has got any
problem it also easy to get some pieces in 2nd hand market. You can load
battery 3v Kodak K58 L or two 1.5 v. Enjoy it!

Kind regards

Félix

PD I know something about Nikon equipment. Beeing this matter OT do not
hesitate Chandos to contact me directly...