Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Misalignment
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:48:12 -0400

At 01:48 PM 10/24/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Don't set it on the floor of your car in your camera bag or otherwise.
>Some with the airplane overhead.
>Always have a blanket underneath it.
>
>The relentless vibration is relentless! I belive this shakes it out of
>alingment.
>
>Mark Rabiner

But, Mark, my cameras ride in airplanes all the time and on the floor of
jeeps crossing dry and wet rivers and mountains and on my shoulders
bouncing along on donkeys and I've never had them re-aligned that I know of
- - I wouldn't recognize it if they needed it.  All of the screws vibrated
out of my Noctilux mount once in a jeep in Honduras, but the rangefinders
still seemed fine.  How can you tell if they are misaligned?   Should I be
getting them realigned after every trip?  I usually just send in my Leicas
after I've dropped them in a river or something.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com