Subject: [Leica] OT: Gitzo Monopods
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:32:44 +0100

Hi all,

I can't make up my mind and seek the lists learned advice. <G> I have an M6
& F5 and I need a monopod for shooting race cars and indoor/crowded events.
I already own a great 1548 Gitzo tripod for the 'serious' stuff but need
something that won't get in the way. I was just going to buy a 1588 which
looks like a leg 'orf the ole 1548 block, but this Gitzopod thingy looks
like it would be a great match with an M6... yeah I know thats not what
Leica's are for.. handheld, discreet available light etc but I like my pics
as _sharp as possible and like to shoot slow slide film for these sort of
events (and no I don't own a noct *sob*). The Gitzopod looks very versatile,
monopod, chestpod, emergency tripod, mounts up to the body to shoot hands
free... Soooo who has one out there, and what are they like? Could I
seriously double an F5 with 80-200/300mm and an M6 on this baby or am I just
dreaming and should just go for the heavy stick? Last question - does the
supplied head on the Gitzopod tilt for portrait?

Cheers,
Neil

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Gitzo Monopods)