Subject: Re: [Leica] Jupiter-3 and Leica IIIc and IIf
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:01:48 -0400

MAtej-
Glad to hear the IIf is not a problem...chuckle, chuckle!
Actually, I believe that Marc once mentioned that some of the Jupiter lenses
did not have the exact thread of the LTM leica lenses, then again, was this
version made for a Contax, maybe?
Like you, I have the Jupiter-12, circa 1978, and it fits both the IIIf and
IIIb, as well as all the Leitz adapter rings (3 at this time) I use...
incidently, I found that the 135mm adapter ring brings up the 35mm frame
lines in the M6 so I don't need the auxilary VF!
I did have the Jupiter 5cm/f1,5 at one time, BS (Before Summarit) and it fit
perfectly, though it was not a particularly sharp one- but boy, it sure was
a nice looking lens!!
You may end up getting another one- hopefully you can bolt it on BEFORE you
buy it, and sell the other on 'The Auction Site, The Name of Which We Cannot
Mention'.
By the way- you might share some of the photos you sent me ( I hope I
remembered to thank you for sharing!)- do you have a website or space where
you can post them? I am sure that a number of our LTM brethren might be
interested in what you are doing with your "obsolete" hardware!!
Dan (Ever hopeful) Post