Subject: [Leica] Re: M4-P/M6 (was: M camera parts)
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:18:18 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

What it SHOULD offer is a street price several hundred dollars lower than
an M6, based on their original differential in price.
For us dinosaurs who don't use the meter much anyway.
If you think we're few in number, track the increasing prices of Nikon standard
eyelevel finders and clean user M4s...not the "minty" ones, the "user" price...
those are going to photographers, many/most of whom use cine type incident meters.
(Sekonic, Spectra, Minolta, etc.)

No disputing anything you said, tho.....when I bought my latest body (an M4P),
I thought about spending the additional $4-500 for a "minty" M6, and opted to
keep the money in my pocket...there was no financial "need" as I only bought yet another
camera because I came into about $3000 unexpectedly...!!!!...

The additional money will probably find it's way to Stephen Gandy for a Cosina 21 f4--!!!

Thanks,
Walt