Subject: Re: [Leica] M camera parts now a long rant.
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:52:43 -0400

At 12:17 AM 10/19/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Lenses?  You can go back to the
>early 30's and buy a lens manufactured by the best in the business however
>you define that; Zeiss, Leica, Canon, Nikon, Reid, Kodak through their
>optical proxies, Schneider, OK maybe not Rodenstock,

Don

As I have urged on this List before, serious students are urged to buy that
wittily crafted and authoritative work, NON-LEITZ LEICA THREAD-MOUNT
LENSES:  A 39mm DIVERSITY, available in the US from Petra Kellers at
<http://www.camerabooks.com>  In that slim but weighty tome, we learn that
Rodenstock produced LTM versions of the 2.8/35 and 2/50 Heligon, and
supplied an anonymous 2/50 LTM lens -- quite possibly a Heligon -- for the
Italian Perseo II camera.

Seek and ye shall find!

And buy the book!

Marc