Subject: Re: [Leica] digital photography
From: CHARLES STIRK JR C <ccstirkjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

I found this artical interesting , I shot with the D1x for
a couple of weeks ok shooters camera not as many qwerks as
the D1 but still not up to the quality or ease of use of
35mm and  after having  spent the week rolling the pro/con
but more  importantly the numbers on picking up a D1x and
printer and coming to the decision that the economics just
weren't viable .

I am luckie though two pro labs in town do great work and
one does prints up to 20x24 from cd at a reasonable
rate when I need to "fix " something in photo shop but
still more then a normal print .

I realize that turn around is quicker in digital for time
sensitive  publication , but normally I have at least a day
or so plenty of time to scan and have proper prints done.
Film and prossesing cost is absorbed  by my clients , who
also support my personal habit  .

Probably not the best place to ask but what wonderful bit
am I missing ?
Chuck