Subject: Re: [Leica] Perhaps a new (on)topic, or the conceit
From: CHARLES STIRK JR C <ccstirkjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

> "I take better pictures with a Leica range finder than
> with an SLR because...

 I don't know if I would say better but different .I
original bought a Leica rangefinder so I could get a in
focus sharp image , I have never been able to manual focus
slrs wide open . Only then did I start to see the other
advantages .After shooting many rolls for an assignment
with Nikon slr's and Leica M's   the two rolls from the
Leica would be the best images and the ones the client
would remark on and buy extra reprints  of.
The Leica lenses we always good , but I have found with the
advent of the af and all zoom , The range finder lenses
shine . Af zooms are not sharp wide open period , they
flare out often making a many  comastion impossible.
With the Leica M , just the opposite they are sharp wide
open , they don't flare out as often , and I have found
that many of my clients/subjects  like back lighting after
seeing so many late afternoon skwintie fotos .
With the advent of the D1 type cameras and down turn in
general expectations , my Leica M images shine even more
receive praise and are the photos above my clients desk
and what better promo piece can I ask for .

Chuck