Subject: [Leica] M camera costs, Chevies, Salaries, and Inflation
From: "Jim Shulman" <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:01:44 -0400

Want to compare prices (and get this back on topic?)  Best place on the web
is
http://www.aier.org/colcalc.html
Plug in the year, the price, and the year for adjusted price.  Works
backwards and forwards!

Cars aren't a good barometer of inflation, since they are relatively MUCH
more costly than they were in the 1950s.  As a result, you see more leases,
much longer payment plans (in the '50s, it was 18 months!), and more
expensive used cars.  On the other hand, you can reasonably expect to get
ten years and 200,000 miles out of a well-maintained car--much moreso than
the 1950s counterpart.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA